Some examples of covered issues include computer hard drive failures, iPod batteries that stop charging, cell phone keypads that get stuck, and digital camera sensor failures. You can see some examples of what we cover here see details
For Refurbished & Used Items: Coverage lasts 1-2 years, as indicated at the time that you purchase your warranty. This coverage starts on the day after the manufacturer's warranty expires, or if there isn't a manufacturer's warranty, on the 61st day after your item purchase. Note: This means that your item is not covered for issues happening in the first 60 days after you purchase your item. Coverage for Used items is only available for items sold on eBay.
For items with delayed shipment: If you purchase an item that doesn't ship immediately, as long as you can provide us with proof of the actual date the item was shipped, we will be happy to change your coverage start and end date. To do this, please call us at 1-877-WARRANTY (1-877-927-7268).
For Repairs: The Care Plan is good for multiple repairs, up to the maximum value of your item. Once the cost of repairs meets the full purchase price of the item, your Care Plan is considered fulfilled.
ADH is typically offered as an option for MP3 Players, Laptops, GPS Devices, Cameras, and other portable electronics, but is generally not available on refurbished or eBay items.
Exclusions: Refer to the details of the contract for the full list, but there are 5 notable exclusions to your coverage.
- Pre-existing conditions: Items sold in non-working or partially working conditions. We consider any issues on used or refurbished items in the first 60 days to be a pre-existing condition (we DO cover accidents in the first 60 days if you purchased Accidental Damage from Handling coverage).
- Accidental damage: Unless Accidental Damage from Handling Protection is purchased, we don’t cover items that are accidentally damaged - such as water damage, dropped iPods, and cracked laptop screens.
- Accessories and Consumer replaceable parts: We don’t cover accessories and parts that are meant to be replaced by the consumer, such as batteries and ink cartridges. We DO cover internal batteries, such as iPod batteries.
- Software: We don’t cover software issues. We will help you troubleshoot the issue though to determine if it's a software or hardware issue.
- Certain Types of Items: Industrial equipment used commercially such as servers or items fraudulently misrepresented are not covered. Please call us to find out if your item falls into this category
If we don’t meet our service guarantee, let us know. We will gladly refund you the full cost of your Care Plan. See more details here
SquareTrade’s claim process is painless. You can start a claim 24/7 online or call us at 1-877-WARRANTY (1-877-927-7268) and select our claim filing option. Claim agents are available by phone Monday thru Friday 9 am - 8 pm EST. Rest assured that it will go fast with our unique 5-day service guarantee.
shipping label. Free Express shipping
to our depot. Your item and claim
are verified. SquareTrade fixes it or
pays the cost to replace
– in five days or your
warranty is free.
Free in-Home Service. For Appliances and TVs bigger than 42", we will arrange for a reputable local repair technician to examine and repair your device.
Reimbursement. For most items below $500, or if it's going to take too long or is too expensive to fix, we'll reimburse you the full replacement value of item. We give you the option to receive payment via PayPal or check.
You will receive email updates to keep you informed at every step of the claims process or you can check the status at any point in time on our website.
For items still covered by a manufacturer warranty at the time of claim:First, we will help you file a claim with your manufacturer by locating their contact information.
If the manufacturer replaces or repairs your item, your SquareTrade Care Plan will cover your manufacturer repaired or replaced item.If the manufacturer refuses to honor their warranty because they consider your item grey market or not purchased from an authorized retailer, we may still be able to cover you.
We do not sell warranties on private transactions between individuals — includes items bought on Craigslist.com or other classifieds.
For items bought outside of eBay: you need to have a copy of the item's receipt (with the purchase date and price) on file with SquareTrade before a claim can be processed. You can email or fax a copy of your receipt at any time.
Because all of your warranty information is stored online, you don’t have to dig around for any warranty paperwork.
The only thing we DO need is your proof of item purchase, and you can email or fax us your item receipt so you don’t have to dig it out at the time of claim.For items bought on eBay, SquareTrade keeps a copy of the eBay auction information in our records, so you do not need to submit a receipt at any time.
If you cancel within 30 days from the purchase of the Protection Plan, we will provide you with a full refund. If you choose to cancel after this period, we will pro-rate your refund based on how much time has passed.
We highly recommend that you provide the item receipt or purchase confirmation to SquareTrade for non-eBay items. This will help us process any warranty claims from the new owner without them having to provide proof of purchase at time of claim.
1. Login to your SquareTrade account and go to the “My Plans” page.
2. Click one of your active plans to view the details and “Quick Links” for that plan.
3. Under “Quick Links”, click “Manage my receipt” to submit your receipt to us via email or fax, so that the gift
recipient won’t need to provide their receipt when filing a claim.
4. Under “Quick Links”, click “Transfer plan” and fill in the contact details of the person whom you want to give
the SquareTrade Protection Plan to as a gift.