What is covered:
- 2 years of coverage The SquareTrade iPhone warranty covers your iPhone for 2 years, starting on the date of purchase.
- Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH) 80% of all iPhone failures reported to SquareTrade are caused by accidents. The SquareTrade iPhone warranty is the only coverage option that protects against drops, spills, and other accidents!
- Deductible: There is a $50 deductible when claiming on an accidentally damaged item (e.g. drops, spills). If your issue falls under the standard warranty terms (i.e., a mechanical or electrical failure), no deductible applies.
- Exclusions: There is a 30-day exclusion window after you first purchase your item. ADH does not include loss, willful damage or damage occurring through gross misuse of the item. The damage must have occurred unintentionally while the item was being used as intended.
- Extended coverage of the manufacturer's warranty The SquareTrade iPhone warranty also extends the same coverage as the manufacturer's warranty. This covers all mechanical and electrical problems that arise out of normal use. This includes most hardware failures and power/charging failures.
- No deductible: If your iPhone fails because of a manufacturer defect, there is NO deductible to claim.
- Battery: If the iPhone battery life drops below 50% of the original, it's eligible for a replacement.
- All warranties sold by squaretrade are covered by Amtrust, an A- rated insurance company.